Posted 04 April 2023
Event Information: From the Banks of the Red Cedar to Success in the Working World
Every year, MSU Federal Credit Union collaborates with MSU’s Department of Human Development and Family Studies, MSU Libraries – William C. Gast Business Library, and the MSU Office of Financial Aid to create and highlight financial literacy events and resources on campus. This year, the partnership is expanding to include Transition and Transfer Student Success for Financial Literacy Month.
From the Banks of the Red Cedar to Success in the Working World will feature a panel of three recent MSU alumni focused on lessons learned through their personal journey post-graduation and tips for student success. This session is offered to all MSU students and will take place April 13, from 6-8 p.m. Attend using this link with the passcode success!
- Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. EST on April 14 th
- Applicants will be notified by 5:00 p.m. EST on or before April 21 st
- One (1) $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to a grand award winner.
- One (1) $1,500 scholarships will be awarded to a second-place winner.
- Three (3) $500 scholarships will be awarded to the three honorable mentions.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at Michigan State University and able to receive scholarship distribution in the fall term 2023 (after the winners are announced and officially contacted).
- Incomplete or inaccurate applications will not be considered (e.g., missing, or un-matched criteria).
- Award recipients will be required to submit a letter of acceptance and thank you within two weeks of notification to receive the award. Letters should be addressed to the Go for the Green committee and alumni donor, Mr. Paul Pradel. The letters will be submitted to the committee by Amanda Guinot Talbot at email@example.com.
- Depending on the amount and type of an applicants’ financial aid package, this scholarship may change the aid package. If selected as a scholarship recipient, it is the student’s responsibility to investigate whether the award will adversely affect their financial aid.
Submissions are due by 5:00pm EST on April 14th. Scholarship applicants will be notified by 5:00pm EST on or before April 21st. Five winners will be selected in total.
To submit, applicants will need to do the following:
- Register and attend in full the Go for the Green event.
The panel will be entitled, “From the Banks of the Red Cedar to Success in the Working World.” This event will feature recent MSU alums speaking about their career success, lessons learned, their personal individual career trajectories, and tips for success for students who will soon be graduating.
The event will be conducted virtual via Zoom and attendance will be confirmed upon completion of the event. Time spent at the event will be verified.
- Participate in the session by:
- Submitting one (1) question for the presenters ahead of the event. The question must be submitted here. The question must focus on the event topic (see description above) and applicant’s name must be included.
- Asking one (1) question to the presenters during the session. The question can be posted in the chat during the last portion of the event when questions are invited. Applicant’s name must be visible chat and match the name on the submission.
- React and recap the session attended. After the session, construct a 40-character reaction/lesson learned to the event that you attended that summarizes a best practice, aha moment, or lesson learned for how Spartan students should be financially wise. Submit your statement by April 14 th to the event submission form.
- Acknowledgement of future use. By submitting your lesson learned to the scholarship competition, you are agreeing to allow the Go for the Green team to use your quote in future promotional materials.
Point of Contact
©2023 Reseda Group LLC, used under license.